In talking to customers about their Unified Communications and Collaboration journey, it’s evident that many are stepping onto the Microsoft UC platform which is Microsoft Teams. Most of the time, this decision is made because they have chosen Office 365 (O365) as their productivity suite. A Microsoft Teams deployment is an obvious next step.
Many small and medium companies have already bought O365 licenses and migrated or are in the process of migrating their on-premise or third-party emails into Exchange Online as a first step. The natural evolution of this is to enable other features in O365 like OneDrive, One Note, SharePoint, and Teams/Skype for Business Online in order to take advantage of the full O365 suite.
Microsoft Teams architecture and relation to Office 365 workloads
Microsoft Teams Deployment – Knowing and Planning is Crucial for Success
For customers who don’t have either Skype for Business on-premises or Skype for Business online, it’s natural to choose and deploy Microsoft Teams as their collaboration platform. Before starting your Microsoft Teams deployment, here are some important considerations to ensure successful and sustainable usage.
- Define your business requirements and use cases. Do the fit analysis.
- Plan and define OneDrive, SharePoint and Office 365 group strategy before deploying Microsoft Teams.
- Where is the data stored? How much storage is required for Microsoft Teams? What will happen to data inside Microsoft Teams?
- How do Compliance Content Search and eDiscovery work for Microsoft Teams?
- How do I do Auditing and Reporting for Microsoft Teams?
- Who can create Microsoft Teams and what are the guidelines for creating and managing them?
- What will happen to the users’ experiences with audio and video conferencing, room-based video integration and devices strategy?
- How do I enable telephony and when do I do this? What will happen to existing PABX?
- What kind of network bandwidth is required for Microsoft Teams?
- What type of Organizational Change Management programme is required to deploy Microsoft Teams?
- Do we have defined KPIs established and monitored? How to monitor voice quality and end-user adoption?
- Is my helpdesk prepared to support Microsoft Teams and know tips and tricks?
- Are my Admins trained on O365 workloads and what is the escalation matrix in case of issue resolution?
- Do we need to do a managed pilot before we deploy for the entire organization?
At Arkadin, we are committed to delivering the optimal experience to customers who would like to take a journey – from consulting all the way to Microsoft Teams deployment. We help answer all the above questions through our range of service offerings.
- Envision workshops – which cover strategy planning, business and use case analysis
- Organizational Change Management strategy
- Consult, Plan, Deploy, Operate
- Calling plans in Teams
- End-user training
- Executive White Glove Onboarding
- Managed Services
If you are ready to embark on your Microsoft Teams journey or are trying to figure out if Microsoft Teams is right for your organization, contact us here.
Would you like to know more? Register for our webinar: